"Hercules, huh? I think I prefer Wonderboy."
"It always seems impossible until its done."
, a South African politician who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999, the first ever to be elected in a fully representative democratic election. Before being elected President, Mandela was a militant anti-apartheid activist, and the leader and co-founder of Umkhonto we Sizwe, the armed wing of the African National Congress (ANC). In 1962 he was arrested and convicted of sabotage and other charges, and sentenced to life imprisonment. Mandela went on to serve 27 years in prison, spending many of these years on Robben Island. Following his release from prison on 11 February 1990, Mandela led his party in the negotiations that led to the establishment of democracy in 1994. As President, he frequently gave priority to reconciliation, while introducing policies aimed at combating poverty and inequality in South Africa.
R.I.P Nelson Mandela (July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013)
I saw a cat get hit by a car today. I don’t know why I’m making a text post out of it, I just felt like putting it out there.
1. I threw up on the mayor’s steps in grade school when we were singing for city council. (Had political opinions at a young age, har har har)
2. I threw a carton of milk at a boy in grade school after he grabbed my butt.
3. I have to watch videos of salamanders having sex for my research.
4. I have a home-made Jason Voorhees plushie. He is really cute.
5. I think macaroni and cheese with ketchup is delicious. Fight me.